WA-1 Welding Thermoplastic Materials (General)
Who Is This Course For?
The course is designed to give an understanding of Polymer Materials and their joining techniques. The course is suitable for workers in the plastics industry, as well as persons considering the use of plastic welding in their occupation.
Identify and operate various types of thermowelding equipment, identify various types of plastic welding rods and materials, competently weld thermoplastics to industry standard, identify non-weldable materials, prepare materials for welding. Understand principles of extrusion welding, butt, electrofusion & friction welding.
- Identify required materials and equipment
- Set up equipment and materials
- Prepare plastics materials
- Weld to speciﬁcation using general techniques
- Identify problems
- Weld plastics using extrusion techniques
- Identify materials as being compatible for welding
- Introduction to butt, electrofusion & friction welding
- Maintain and calibrate welding equipment
- Assess quality of completed joins
Venue:PARTEC Brisbane campus
Course Cost per person:
- Course fee includes all lecture notes and materials.
- National units of competency.
- Nationally recognised training is exempt from GST.
- Limited to 8 students to ensure full participation and safe working conditions, so register early to secure your place.
- The course is 50/50 practical and theoretical and is open to anyone with an interest in the plastics industry.
- Assessments will be by observation of practical work and a written test.
- National unit PMBPROD287E is included in the award for this course.