PW-1 Polytec® Butt Welding of Polyethylene Pipe
Who Is This Course For?
This is primarily aimed at people already employed in the Plastic Pipe Installation Industry, Mining, Gas, Water, Civil Construction, Irrigation Industry and Local Government Authorities.
At the conclusion of the course each student will have a good knowledge of polyethylene pipe materials and standards, butt fusion equipment and processes and will be able to carry out a butt weld of PE pipes to industry standards.
PE pipe Materials PE80B, PE100 and compatibility:
- PE pipe standards AS/NZS4130 and AS/NZS4131
- Butt fusion processes
- Butt welding machines
- Welding parameters
- Quality elements, safety, cleanliness
- Practical welding
- Quality Assurance and testing
Venue:PARTEC Townsville campus
Course Cost per person:
- Limited to 9 students to ensure full participation and safe working conditions, so register early to secure your place.
- Minimum of 3 students required to run a class.
- Practical pipe joining and a written assessment at conclusion.
- Nationally recognised statement of attainment and a Buttwelding® accreditation card will be issued to each successful participant.