CLM-1 Hand Lay-up and Mould Preparation
Who Is This Course For?
This course is for people making a start in the composites industry, and those wanting to formalise and expand their on-the-job knowledge and experience would find this course very valuable, and it may be used as a lead-in to the Trade Apprenticeship of Composites Technician.
On successful completion of this course you will have the knowledge and skills and practical experience in the production processes of preparing moulds, basic gelcoating, and hand laminating techniques.
- Preparation of production mould surfaces with release systems.
- Basic gelcoating technology and its application.
- Efficient hand lay-up techniques, theory and practice for production situations.
- De-moulding and finishing of moulded composites components.
Venue:PARTEC Townsville campus
Course Cost per person:
- Course fee includes all lecture notes and materials.
- Nationally Recognised Training Units included with the course.
- Nationally recognised training is exempt from GST.
- Limited to 10 students to ensure full participation and safe working conditions, so register early to secure your place.
- Minimum of 6 students required to run a class.
- The award will be a statement of Nationally Recognised Training competencies. “Hand Lay-up Techniques” and “Mould Preparation for Production”.